Episode 133: Lessons Learned From the Philando Castile Shooting Video
Topic: Lessons Learned From the Philando Castile Shooting Video
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
Riley and Jacob cover the latest stories in the concealed carry and firearms industry world including some important updates out of Nevada and Oregon as far as reciprocity is concerned (for the best reciprocity map tool in the industry, go here), Illinois is cracking down on violent offenders, one man credits his training with being able to stop a violent bear attack. Meanwhile military snipers are taking out ISIS fighters from 2.2 miles away and setting records in the process. But you don't want to miss the CRAZY story about a Utah man that has to defend himself and his two teenage sons from a naked drunk man that just won't give up even after the homeowner has to draw down on the man! Trust us, this one's a doozy! Hit the ‘PLAY' button and listen in now!!
Training Tip: Use Realistic Targets
- Nevada Now Honoring Oregon Concealed Carry Permits
- How to travel with your firearm to National Parks
- Alaska Man who Brought down Bear Proves Versatility of Training
- FL Child Authorities Get Gun Pulled on Them by 3-Year-Old
- Dashcam Video Released of Philando Castile Shooting
- IL Governor Signs Bill Cracking Down on Repeat Gun Offenders
- New World Record Set for Longest Confirmed Kill Shot
- Sports Afield. After listening to these justified stories today on the podcast, have you ever considered how you would access your gun quickly in a home invasion while still keeping your firearms stored securely? The Sports Afield line of quick access handgun safes are perfect for the task. They are foam-lined yet built with heavy-duty 16 gauge steel that will keep your firearms protected and still allow you to quickly access them in an emergency with the reliable custom-programmable 4-button key pad. A line of full-size rifle safes are also now available that makes shipping and delivery easy! Trust this 100-yr-old brand (yes, the same company that has published the Sports Afield magazine since 1887) with your firearm storage and security needs. See the full line-up at: www.concealedcarry.com/sportsafield and for a limited time save 10% with a special coupon code, but you gotta listen to a past episode to get it!
This safe is no longer available, however, you can check out all our safes by clicking here.
- Guardian Nation. Looking for more training and better gear? Join Guardian Nation to be part of the fastest growing tribe of self-defense shooters nationwide. Members receive access to the ConcealedCarry.com Shooter Skill Library, Guardian Nation Live broadcasts and past recordings, as well as 10% off everything sold at concealedcarry.com. Also members receive a box of shooting gear 4 times a year which is worth at least the value of the membership. Join now and get your “dues” returned to you in gear every three months. Learn more and get started at www.guardiannation.com Also for a limited time, get our American Gun Law course at 90% off just for signing up for or being a member of Guardian Nation.
- MantisX. Being called “the instructor in your pocket” MantisX attaches to your firearm and sends real time data back to your mobile phone that will guide you in correcting the most common deficiencies as a shooter. Tired or that grouping being too high, too low or simply too wide? MantisX will be your new best friend. Watch Riley and Jacob’s review and learn more at www.concealedcarry.com/mantisx
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed the podcast the biggest compliment you could give us would be to subscribe to future episodes via a podcast app on your phone or via iTunes. You can find past podcast episodes by clicking here.
Says Ep 133, but it’s plays ep 131.
Rick we made a mistake when publishing this morning but we have since fixed the issue. Delete episode 133 from your app. Refresh the feed. Then redownload Episode 133. That should do the trick.
You mentioned the bear attack on Todd Orr in the brown bear segment. I highly recommend listening to the American Warrior Show podcast episode #41. Mike Seeklander interviews & Todd tells the whole story. It is an amazing & somewhat frightening story of survival.
Keep up the great work.
Eric, thanks for your comment. Oh boy did I listen to Todd Orr’s interview on Mike Seeklander’s podcast! That was an incredible story! Actually working on getting Mike Seeklander on our show here soon…
Wow!!! How do you place the harsh judgment you made about a person smoking weed in the presence of a child not in the same context of the millions of people that drink in front of their kids everyday? I’m a LEO I carry a gun for work everyday and I contend this was a totally bad shoot. This officer was a scared man who should never had been given a gun and shield. Now the advise you gave is good especially the the advise to not say anything about having a gun, but your assessment of this situation was dead wrong. The officer is most definitely lying which is obvious when he was attempting to get his story straight right after the shooting.