Topic: Study Claims “Good Guy With a Gun” Is Bogus
Riley and Jacob cover the latest stories in the concealed carry and firearms industry world including some important legal updates out of a DC Circuit Court on the issue of the right of publicly carrying a firearm. Will this ruling make it to the Supreme Court paving the way for a more definitive constitutional interpretation? We'll see. Speaking of the Supreme Court…several state attorneys general are asking the nation's high court to reverse the decision allowing law enforcement to infringe on citizens' 4th Amendment protections against unreasonable search simply because they have a firearm. Does having a firearm automatically mean a person is to be deemed “dangerous?” Finally, don't miss the incredible JUSTIFIED stories in today's episode as well as the Vice.com story reporting on the study that they claim debunks the theory that “the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” Pretty controversial stuff! Hit the ‘PLAY' button and listen in now!!
Training Tip: One-handed Slide Racking
- Houston Wing Stop Employee Chases, Shoots Store Robber
- Vice Claims to Debunk “Good Guy With a Gun”
- DC Federal Appeals Court Rules Carrying Guns in Public is Core to the 2nd Amendment
- State AGs Calling for Supreme Court to reverse Decision that police can search someone they assume has a gun
- Student to Sue Controversial Evergreen College over Off-Campus Gun Ban
- Smart Guns Susceptible to Hacking with Magnets
- Gun Prosecutions up 23% Under Sessions DOJ
- GA Homeowner Shoots Home Invader Dressed Like a Woman
- TX Jewelry Store Owner Defends Against 3 Robbers
- PA Man Shoots Son Who Charged Him with a Sword
- SC Funeral Attack Stopped by Concealed Carrier
- Brave Response Holster. Are you looking for the most versatile, most comfortable, most concealable holster on the market? Look no further than the Brave Response Holster – compatible with nearly any semi-automatic handgun and many types of revolvers, and it doesn’t matter what you wear for pants…or even if you wear any pants at all! Fits all waists from 20 to 54 inches. Check it out at concealedcarry.com/braveresponse
- VTAC. Viking Tactics is a leader in quality fighting gear that really works. Designed by Special Forces Veteran Retired Sergeant Major Kyle Lamb, a great deal of thought and design goes into every piece taking into account lessons learned and experience gained one can only achieve by fighting on the front lines (and behind enemy lines) of America’s finest soldiers. Whether you need slings, weapon light mounts, belts or training DVD’s, check out VTAC’s lineup of gear on ConcealedCarry.com/brand/viking-tactics/
- Live Fire Drill Cards. These revolutionary training aids from Burnett are the slickest drill cards we’ve ever seen. Which is why we partnered with the creator to bring them to you. These cards will walk you through dozens of fundamental shooting drills that will help you shoot better, FASTER. These cards list all the requirements to shoot each drill, detail parameters, and give you multiple fields to record multiple runs through the drill so you can track your progress. I can promise you will see measurable improvement towards becoming a better shooter over time. Get started by checking out the 3-pack available on ConcealedCarry.com using the link in the show notes: Live Fire Drill Cards
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed the podcast the biggest compliment you could give us would be to subscribe to future episodes via a podcast app on your phone or via iTunes. You can find past podcast episodes by clicking here.