Episode 169: Good Guy With a Gun Stops Child Abduction
Topic: Good Guy With a Gun Stops Child Abduction
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
The former NPR Chief “comes out of the closet” on gun rights. The anti-gunners are dealt a blow in Illinois when a bumpfire stock and trigger modification bill failed to pass the House. Even a few anti-gun Democrats wouldn't vote for it. Meanwhile Mayor Bloomberg's Everytown is pouring millions into Virginia State elections. His efforts will likely fail as they have elsewhere. Plus DO NOT miss the story of a Las Vegas man that stopped the kidnapping of a 6-year-old boy because he made it a habit to always carry his gun on his person. It also was not hte first time he had to defend himself either. Riley and Jacob discuss at length, check it out! Hit the ‘PLAY' button and listen in now!!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT…
- You can now reach out to us here at the Concealed Carry Podcast by sending us an email at: [email protected]
- Every once in a while…SLOW DOWN!
- Even if you're an experienced shooter, sometimes it is good to slow down and make sure your fundamentals are solid.
- Take your time to make sure you GET IT RIGHT rather than FAST!
- Former NPR Chief Admits He Was Wrong on Gun Control
- Illinois House rejects gun control measure written in response to Las Vegas mass shooting
- Gun control group Everytown pours another $700k into Virginia elections
- Police applaud 49ers for efforts in ‘bump stock’ ban
- MLB’s Only Player to Kneel During Anthem Arrested for Pointing a Gun at a Food Delivery Person
- DeSantis debuts holster options for Hudson H9
- Good guy with a gun stops kidnapping (Las Vegas, NV)
- Woman Intruder Fatally Shot During Attempted Home Break-In (Conroe, TX)
- Burglar signaled to woman to be quiet. Instead, she pulled out her gun and shot him (Spartanburg, SC)
- Glock E-Trainer. ConcealedCarry.com brings you a simple and inexpensive tool to elevate your dryfire training. No tools required; just slip on the Glock Easy Trainer and you can run drills work on trigger manipulation and much more without having to rack the slide to reset the trigger after each trigger press. Learn more at www.GlockETrainer.com
- Guardian Nation.Join by midnight October 30th and be entered to win a special Halloween/Zombie-themed Gen 5 Glock 19! Learn more and get started at www.guardiannation.com
- Sports Afield. For the best in handgun storage vaults and full-size rifle safes, check out and get a free year's subscription to Sports Afield Magazine with purchase
- We no longer offer this safe for sale. However, you can see the safes we offer by clicking here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed the podcast the biggest compliment you could give us would be to subscribe to future episodes via a podcast app on your phone or via iTunes. You can find past podcast episodes by clicking here.
I think this is the episode where you mention the former CEO of NPR who did a 180 on gun control. I think you also cited in this episode that gun sales have spiked since the end of 2016. I can say that I’m a liberal who, up until January of this year, was totally against guns, never touched a gun, only seen an actual gun up close once in my life. I now own a number of handguns and train on the range at least twice a month. But I do firmly believe in sensible gun control. So I believe I share the mindset of that CEO in terms of guns and I’m certain I contributed to that spike in gun ownership! I lament the fact that we need guns to protect ourselves, but I also think that if we have a 2nd Amendment, some of these gun laws are ridiculous. It’s ridiculous that New York govt wants to increase gun control after a terrorist TRUCK killing. But I have no problem with sensible gun control.
MIchael, kudos for opening yourself to a different point of view. I think your example should help others expand their understanding of all types of issues. I find it disappointing that we all tend to formulate our opinions in conjunction with political parties. If more People would just focus on the topic and leave the politics and blame out of it, we would find that many times we agree on more than we realize. And in the end we don’t always have to agree with what other people believe. But to respect the persons right to have an opinion is what allows civil conversation. Thanks for sharing your story.