Deerfield Illinois Board Bans Some Semi-Auto Firearms, To Issue $1,000/Day Fine

M&P 15

Photo Credit: Smith & Wesson

UPDATE: As of 6/13/2018 a federal judge has issued a block to Deerfield's ban.

We had a saying in the Marines when something was overly stupid, excessively complex, or just didn't make any sense. Perhaps you've heard of it, it goes a little something like this: Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. Over? I don't need to tell you what it means, because even if you never heard of it before, you know WTF. The “over,” signifies one Marine speaking to another on the radio as if to say “conversation over.”

Well, that was my response while scrolling through the news stories just a little while ago, as I happened to come across an article saying that the Deerfield, IL board bans some semi-auto firearms, to include the uber scary-looking, fully semi-automatic thousand round per second Weapon of Mass Destruction, otherwise known simply as AR-15. Anyone who is still in possession of a Mean Rifle after the Jun 13th deadline will be fined up to $1,000 per day.

Huh?

Okay, I get that this is in Illinois and everything, but this seems excessively stupid, even for them. I mean, WE plead the Second, people!

Something that stands out to me that seems important, is that the board got together and made this decision, without the votes of the people. In fact, several of the people who showed up voiced concern over this new ordnance, but their voices clearly did not matter to the board. It's almost as if they knew they'd lose? Interesting.

The voice that did apparently matter, however, which isn't ironic at all … at least, it's not ironic to me, is a high-school student from the local school. She had this to say:

This is our fight, this is our generation’s fight. We’re going to keep fighting and this is part of it. Change happens gradually step by step. The fight does not end at the borders of our village.

I wonder if she has a solid understanding of the word “fight.” Because, personally speaking, I know what it means and I'm not sure it's the same thing she's talking about. I'm willing to fight for my children's rights so they don't have to. I'm willing to fight for them to have better lives.

This entire thing seems very un-Constitutional to me and I'm sure there will be some lawsuits taking place at some point. After all, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Like, at all. Ever … And yet, it is all the time.

This, my friends, is exactly what happens when our rights are under attack like they are right now. This is what it looks like, and where it starts. They knew they couldn't get enough folks behind them, so they wrote it in, un-Constitutionally. My question, is what's next for Deerfield, Illinois? What's the next ban? What's the next thing that will come under fire? Will this type of thing spread like wild-fire throughout the country? Time will tell, unless someone does something.

Any ideas?

Let us know what you think we should do, in the comments.

Here is my source article:

, , , , ,

10 Responses to Deerfield Illinois Board Bans Some Semi-Auto Firearms, To Issue $1,000/Day Fine

1. Ron April 3, 2018 at 9:14 pm #

here’s the thing as long as they don’t ban all guns they can actually get away with this. They have done so statewide in MA. with no challenge. Owners before the ban are not officially grandfathered but our AG stated they won’t be prosecuted under the ban. Life is getting sucky in these hear United States.

• Nathan April 6, 2018 at 3:13 pm #

To those who care about the constitutional foundation of America…this is a thoroughly sickening attack on that constitution….by a bunch of ignorant politicos who have swallowed, hook,line and sinker….the ideology of Karl Marx.

Those of us who own guns, for whatever reasons, including defense of the family, know that this issue is going to blow up in our faces sooner rather than later. These fools will not be denied from their goal, which is NOT “gun” control but rather “people” control. They want to disarm the political opposition to turning America into a Marxist utopia….plain and simple. They do NOT care about criminal use of firearms as they live inside their leftist bubbles in their heavily protected mansions. They care about controlling US…those who stand in the way of their grand plans.

So where is this going? Swallow hard and realize that the forces of those who would disarm us any way they can….and those who would never give up their weapons no matter what….can only end one way….in violence!

I would like it if anyone who thinks my assessment is wrong…to explain to all of us just how you think this will be resolved peacefully as I don’t think it can be.

• Anonymous Freeman June 14, 2018 at 2:41 pm #

In a way, I agree with you. And yet, there is a problem with your assessment: Self defense is never violence. Violence is the antonym of justice. It essentially means taking what isn’t yours. Defending your family, liberty, rights, etc is not violence.
        Threatening them is.

2. Sherman Griffin April 4, 2018 at 5:54 am #

This should be changed! It was challenged and changed in Ohio. It’s totally goes against the reason Second Amendment exist.

3. Js April 4, 2018 at 11:36 am #

Note how they also decide who to exempt from the law (ex cops). They may need to enlist them in the future when they come for the rest of us.

4. Michael April 5, 2018 at 10:16 am #

Not understanding how they can even attempt this. I think it’s more for show. There is no way they will be able to enforce this. They are claiming a supreme Court win back in Obama time but I’m not familiar with the case.

5. Michael April 5, 2018 at 10:18 am #

And BTW, How do they know who has the rifles? They are claiming they will fine these individuals but how would they even know?

• Beef April 5, 2018 at 7:20 pm #

was wondering exactly that myself

6. Leslie Wolfe April 6, 2018 at 9:05 am #

Wouldn’t the executive and judicial systems know who has semi-automatic rifles if they are purchased legally and are registered properly?

• Jacob Paulsen April 6, 2018 at 9:08 am #

There is no firearm registration in place. When Firearms are purchased they are not registered into any sort of National Database.