CVS, Walgreens, And Kroger Join Walmart’s Stance On Guns

When the anti-gun crowd decided to go after Walmart forcing them to take a harder stance on guns, I have to admit that they knew what they were doing. Walmart is the largest physical retailer in the country and anything they do will undoubtedly be seen as a sort of gospel message to other retailers.

And, that's exactly what happened as other stores took their place beside the big box giant. Recent additions to the anti-gun craze are Kroger, CVS, and Walgreens.

According to FoxBusiness, Walgreens had this to say on the matter:

We are joining other retailers in asking our customers to no longer openly carry firearms into our stores other than authorized law enforcement officials.

While the above sentiment mimics Walmart's stance, CVS veers off that course a bit, as follows:

We join a growing chorus of businesses in requesting that our customers, other than authorized law enforcement personnel, do not bring firearms into our stores.

In case you hadn't noticed by the above quote, Walgreens and Walmart request customers to not open carry their firearms into the stores, while CVS makes no distinction. If you're not an “authorized law enforcement” person, don't carry your gun in their store. Period.

This was a policy that has been in place for a while, as we see here, but it looks like CVS is just looking to put it out there again.

I'm glad I don't use CVS, but Walgreens is the only option for a pharmacy in my small town. This is a sad time for gun owners, and I'm sure that more retailers will follow suit, after Walmart. Which, ultimately, brings me to the point of this article.

The gun grabbers see us as stupid. While some of us may or may not be stupid, one thing is absolutely certain: We are nowhere near as organized as they are. And they clearly have a plan to go forward. This thing with Walmart and the other retailers confirms to me that this is very political.

And, while they grow smarter and stronger, we fight among ourselves over stupid crap like this: .45 or 9mm … Glock or 1911 … open or concealed … AK or AR … revolver or semi-auto … cheap guns or expensive guns … and so many other arguments.

Here's an idea, if it hits the fan while at the bank and I'm carrying my SIG and you've got your Colt, why don't we just admit that we're on the same side regardless of caliber, capacity, type of gun, type of action, etc?

Just like in the bank, we are fighting a common enemy here: The potential eradication of our Second Amendment.

Let's stop the bickering over stupid stuff and pull together, before we regret it.

Let me know your thoughts on this in the comments below.

, , , ,

8 Responses to CVS, Walgreens, And Kroger Join Walmart’s Stance On Guns

1. bruceb64 September 6, 2019 at 9:22 am #

I see this as nothing but an infringement on our 2nd Amendment rights. These Left wing individuals are “scared” of ANY type of firearm. The people are being programed from kindergarten to be afraid of anything the left disagrees with. They are putting their ideas into young children’s minds. As they grow older they are programmed more and more with Socialistic ideals and become young MEN and WOMEN who are convinced that Socialism is a Utopia. As for the carrying in these establishments. I will continue with my concealed weapon on my person at all times. IF and WHEN a situation arises. I will be prepared to protect.

• Milt Lietzke September 6, 2019 at 3:20 pm #

We, the Pro Gun Community, need to stop arguing about the petty crap and band together to fight for our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. I have a number of friends who are LEO’s. Many of them already know that I carry concealed and have expressed their approval and appreciation. Those who do not know, also express their approval. I carry everywhere that it is legal for me to do so. I do this because I know, first hand, that the police could never get to me in time if I were to be attacked. Seconds, not minutes, count in these situations. Most attacks last less than 5 minutes and the average response time for the police is approximately 15-20 minutes. An attacker would be finished and long gone before the police could ever hope to respond and it is not their fault. I’ll keep my guns, thank you very much.

2. James hill September 6, 2019 at 9:24 am #

I 100% agree . All we do is argue over stupid shit. Exactly what you just said , thats all over social media. I’ve been removing myself from most of the gun groups past few days because of it

3. Michael McCarthy September 6, 2019 at 12:27 pm #

As for CVS only use a drive through.
    Concealed should be, in my opinion, the safest way to carry.
    If all were concealed carry permit everyone gets a surprise, make criminals think twice – are they or Aren’t their intended victim armed.

4. Lou September 6, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

No one walks around telling you they have a concealed weapon. Unless they have a metal detector or physical search me I will protect myself if necessary. I’m sure the criminal will announce he has a weapon upon entry to the store as well before he takes your money and or your life…SMH

5. samcolt September 6, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

Joshua, all I have to say is amen, amen & amen!

6. Liberty4Ever September 7, 2019 at 1:35 am #

Kroger’s tried to ban concealed carry in their stores here in Kentucky when our concealed carry permit went into effect in the 1990s. They were pandering to a small but vocal crowd of busy bodies whose panties are in a perpetual knot, as well as probably some pressure from their insurance company that didn’t like the idea of armed citizens in the store, probably because of the anti-gun “blood in the streets” propaganda nonsense.

Concealed carry advocates organized, printed business cards that said, “If my legally owned firearm is not welcome in your store, then I’ll shop elsewhere.” These were hand delivered to Kroger’s managers. Other cards also made a good point about the inevitable lawsuit that would result if a store strips an American of the constitutional right to bear arms and then fails to provide adequate protection for that person on their property if that person was mugged in the parking lot (as happens fairly often at Kroger’s and Walmart) or a woman with a restraining order is assaulted by her deranged ex-boyfriend because he knew that she was disarmed by Kroger’s anti-gun policy. It was particularly effective to have women explain to a Kroger’s manager how they didn’t feel safe as a result of their corporate policy. This is the opposite of what the policy intended. Those gun buster signs that went up with great fanfare so that a Million Moms could feel safe at Kroger’s quietly came down once Kroger’s management realized they were pandering to a noisy majority, many of whom are out of state, while driving away their customers.

7. Will September 7, 2019 at 8:21 pm #

This is considerable threat to all civil liberties, not just the right to bear arms and defend oneself. The USCCA has warned that if we don’t build up our defenses and band together to get the good word out, our rights and way of life will be swept away by the hurricane of the left. We must be strong and do whatever we can to convince people that we are not the enemy, we are their friends. Furthermore, we need to help future generations understand that the true purpose of weapons as recognized by the 2nd amendment is to defend our rights and security. We should also press that the AR-15 and other models coming under scrutiny are the pinnacle weapons of defense, not weapons of war, as only a singular device used in conquest can be considered a weapon of war.