According to the State of Wisconsin, concealed carry permits from Delaware, DC and Rhode Island are now honored and residents of those states may carry legally within the boundaries of Wisconsin if they already have a CCW permit from their home state.
Wisconsin has also approved the use of permits from Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Florida, but only if certain requirements are met.
Florida licenses issued or renewed on or after 08/01/2013. Wisconsin DOES NOT recognize Florida licenses issued with the prefixes of W, WJ, WR, WX, or WY.
Oklahoma licenses issued or renewed on or after 10/01/2018.
Louisiana licenses issued or renewed on or after 03/09/2015
The state of Wisconsin reports its Department of Justice has worked to contact all other states regarding reciprocity to determine if they meet the requirements of Wisconsin law. The following states can carry concealed with their own state's CCW permit:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virgin Islands, Washington, and Wyoming.
The only states and US territories not honored by Wisconsin:
Guam, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oregon, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands, and Vermont.
Wisconsin allows permits from these states if special conditions are met:
- Virginia NON-RESIDENT license only. Virginia resident license does not qualify for recognition in Wisconsin.
- South Dakota ENHANCED and GOLD LICENSES ONLY
- Louisiana license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 03/09/2015
- West Virginia license ISSUED OR RENEWED AFTER 06/08/12. This DOES NOT include any provisional licenses.
- Oklahoma license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 10/01/2018.
- Missouri license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 08/28/2013. This DOES NOT include any provisional license issued by the state.
- Florida license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 08/01/2013. Wisconsin DOES NOT recognize Florida licenses issued with the prefixes of W, WJ, WR, WX or WY.
- Ohio license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 03/23/2015
As you can see from the list above, the Virginia non-resident permit is accepted, but the Virginia resident CCW permit is not. If you would like to get the Virginia non-resident so you can carry in Wisconsin and a multitude of other states where your CCW permit is not recognized, read here for how to accomplish that.
Check out the Reciprocity Map to see where else your CCW permit is valid.