Topic: How I Survived Being Shot in the Head – Part 2
Riley and Matthew Maruster conclude the second half of the interview together with Jarred Slocum, a former police officer with El Cajon Police Department a suburb of San Diego, California. In August of 2011 Jarred was shot in the head responding to a suspected domestic violence situation. Luckily he survived to tell the story which we had the exclusive privilege of bringing to you today through the Concealed Carry Podcast. There are many lessons to be learned from fateful incident. Hopefully this will give you some needed information that could save your life! Press ‘PLAY' above to listen now!
- Sports Afield. Once every 30 seconds in this country a home invasion occurs, have you ever considered how you would access your gun quickly in a home invasion while still keeping your firearms stored securely? The Sports Afield line of quick access handgun safes are perfect for the task. They are foam-lined yet built with heavy-duty 16 gauge steel that will keep your firearms protected and still allow you to quickly access them in an emergency with the reliable custom-programmable 4-button keypad. A line of full-size rifle safes are also now available that makes shipping and delivery easy! Trust this 100-yr-old brand (yes, the same company that has published the Sports Afield magazine since 1887) with your firearm storage and security needs. See the full line-up at: www.concealedcarry.com/sportsafield and for a limited time save 10% with the coupon code we give in today's episode!
- Guardian Nation. Looking for more training and better gear? Join Guardian Nation to be part of the fastest growing tribe of self-defense shooters nationwide. Members receive access to the ConcealedCarry.com Shooter Skill Library, Guardian Live broadcasts, and past recordings, as well as 10% off everything sold at concealedcarry.com. Also, members receive a box of shooting gear 4 times a year which is worth at least the value of the membership. Join now and get your “dues” returned to you in gear every three months. Learn more and get started at www.guardiannation.com
- QuickDraw. Do things feel gritty and sluggish when drawing your gun out of your holster? Do your magazines sometimes get hung up in the mag well when performing reloads when they used to just drop freely? You might check out Quick Draw, the lubricant that’s designed for holsters and magazines. In testing we found a 10-15% decrease in draw to first shot times after using Quick Draw to freshen up the inside of our holsters. Learn more at www.ConcealedCarry.com
- NBC Story: Shot Officer Retiring, Leaving San Diego
- NBC Story: Interview With Officer Slocum's Rookie Partner About that Day and His Recovery
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed the podcast the biggest compliment you could give us would be to subscribe to future episodes via a podcast app on your phone or via iTunes. You can find past podcast episodes by clicking here.