Today we compare two very similar handgun safes from very reputable companies. These “clam-shell” style top-access safes are great for keeping under a car seat or in a drawer. While the two different products are very comparable in many respects they also have their own advantages.
The below video says it all but I've also included a summary below the video that you may find helpful.
GunVault Micro Advantages:
- Comes with a security cable
- Shorter and thus more likely to fit in tight spaces
- Finger groves makes it easy to find buttons in the dark
- Made of 18 Gauge Steel (vs 20 Gauge)
Sports Afield Top Access Lighting Vault Advantages:
- Illuminated buttons and interior
- MSRP is $80 lower
- Interior space is “taller” allowing for thicker items
- Lifetime warranty (vs a 5 year warranty)
What Are Your Thoughts?
Do you own either of these? Share your experience below to help those who may be shopping for a new handgun safe.