Topic: Universal Background Checks Ineffective Study Shows
Some pretty big news out this week about background checks. A three year look back at the effectiveness of universal background checks in Colorado and Washington forced the author of that study who “wanted to see a different result” to admit that there has been no measurable impact on crime reduction. This plus tons of other great analysis on many other stories including a couple of JUSTIFIED stories that have some critical lessons to learn from. Hit the ‘PLAY' button and listen in now!!
- Volunteer firefighter and father-of-four, 28, shot himself dead when he dropped his gun while calming his crying infant son
- Paul Ryan Challenger Bump Fires Rifle Without Bump-Stock, Asks: ‘Will Congress Outlaw Fingers?
- Support for stricter gun laws hits all-time high in poll
- House Dems propose bills to stop online ammo sales, ban mags
- Gun laws that cost millions had little effect because they weren't enforced
- Dianne Feinstein Says She ‘Represents 40 Million Californians’ and They ‘Don’t Want Concealed Carry’
- CA Armed motorist kills rock-throwing Park and Ride attacker
- CO Store clerk fired for defending himself with pistol
- Florida Man’s fatal shooting of neighbor ruled justified by State Attorney’s Office
- Detroit CPL holder unloads on armed robber caught on video
- Andrew Branca’s The Law of Self-Defense. ConcealedCarry.com and the Concealed Carry Podcast has joined forces with Andrew Branca to bring to you the best legal education related to the law of self-defense. Trust me, if you ever have to draw or use your gun in self-defense, you are going to want to know how to minimize your vulnerability to prosecution and conviction by helping your defense team build the most compelling narrative of innocence. Andrew has the resources you need through live in-person courses, online training, his best-selling book The Law of Self-Defense, and now newly-released video DVD’s. Check it all out at: www.concealedcarry.com/LOSD
- Guardian Nation. Looking for more training and better gear? Join Guardian Nation to be part of the fastest growing tribe of self-defense shooters nationwide. Members receive access to the ConcealedCarry.com Shooter Skill Library, Guardian Nation Live broadcasts and past recordings, as well as 10% off everything sold at ConcealedCarry.com. Also members receive a box of shooting gear 4 times a year which is worth at least the value of the membership. Join now and get your “dues” returned to you in gear every three months. Learn more and get started at www.guardiannation.com
- Sports Afield. After listening to these justified stories today on the podcast, have you ever considered how you would access your gun quickly in a home invasion while still keeping your firearms stored securely? You know, once every 30 seconds in America a home break-in occurs. Don’t leave yourself unprepared and unable to access your defensive handgun in an instant while still storing them safely and responsibly from unauthorized hands. The Sports Afield line of quick access handgun safes are perfect for the task. Also take a look at their line of full-size rifle safes are also now available that makes shipping and delivery easy! Trust this 100-yr-old brand (yes, the same company that has published the Sports Afield magazine since 1887) with your firearm storage and security needs and get a free one-year subscription to the magazine with purchase. See the full line-up at: www.concealedcarry.com/sportsafield
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed the podcast the biggest compliment you could give us would be to subscribe to future episodes via a podcast app on your phone or via iTunes. You can find past podcast episodes by clicking here.