The MCF (Modular Compact Flashlight) is a series of components that can be interchanged together to create a flashlight. The Spark is a preconfigured set of those components. The Spark is designed to be the smallest and lightest flashlight on the market with over 500 lumens of output.
- The body is no wider in diameter than is absolutely necessary to run a CR123A battery and has the same diameter from head to tail. 2cm wide not including the belt clip.
- Knurling in the body of the light makes it easy to grip.
- High strength steel belt clip won't budge unless you choose to remove it. Designed to clip onto reinforced pockets. Slips on quickly and easily without causing damage to your pockets.
- Orient the body of the light in either direction to change the orientation of the clip.
- The flashlight can run from 4 different types of batteries. The AA, 14500, CR123a, and the 16340. See specifications below for runtime and lumen output.
- When running a AA battery use the included spacer on either side of the body for increased modularity.
Included Tail Caps:
The Spark comes with two different tail caps so the user can choose their optimal button based on the application.
- MCF Utility Tailcap. The button sits above the body of the tail cap to make it as easy as possible to activate the light.
- MCF Tactical Tailcap. The button is recessed and flush with the body of the tail cap. This prevents potential accidental activation of the light. The tactical tail cap also has optional slots to attach a lanyard (not included)
Button / Light Function:
This light features a momentary on & constant on function. Press the switch gently to activate momentary on. Releasing the switch will deactivate momentary on. Press the switch until you hear a click to activate constant on. To turn off constant on, press the switch fully until you hear and feel a click.
In the design of this light, we proactively chose to not include any complex button functions that could overly complicate the use of the flashlight. To change brightness change the battery you use with the light.
In addition, The Spark comes with a body spacer which allows the flashlight to optionally run a traditional AA battery instead of the CR123a/16340.