Topic: Weapon Striking & Failure Points – with Mike Seeklander
Riley sits down with and interviews Mike Seeklander, owner of Shooting-Performance.com, founder of the American Warrior Society and the American Warrior Society Podcast, former federal agent and instructor, Marine, and as seen on Outdoor Channel's “The Best Defense”. We talk about a bunch of stuff–growing up in the backwoods, bear attacks, weapon striking, the failure point cycle, how to push yourself to maximize your training time and continue to “level up” in your skills. If there's anybody that understands this stuff, it's Mike Seeklander. Trust me, you're going to wanna listen to this “truth-bomb” episode today. Press ‘PLAY' above to listen now!
- Guardian Nation. Looking for more training and better gear? Join Guardian Nation to be part of the fastest growing tribe of self-defense shooters nationwide. Members receive access to the ConcealedCarry.com Shooter Skill Library, Guardian Live broadcasts, and past recordings, as well as 10% off everything sold at concealedcarry.com. Also, members receive a box of shooting gear 4 times a year which is worth at least the value of the membership. Join now and get your “dues” returned to you in gear every three months. Learn more and get started at www.guardiannation.com
- Brave Response Holster. Are you looking for the most versatile, most comfortable, most concealable holster on the market? Look no further than the Brave Response Holster – compatible with nearly any semi-automatic handgun and many types of revolvers, and it doesn’t matter what you wear for pants…or even if you wear any pants at all! Fits all waists from 20 to 54 inches. Check it out at concealedcarry.com/braveresponse
- Live Fire Drill Cards. These revolutionary training aids from Burnett are the slickest drill cards we’ve ever seen. Which is why we partnered with the creator to bring them to you. These cards will walk you through dozens of fundamental shooting drills that will help you shoot better, FASTER. These cards list all the requirements to shoot each drill, detail parameters, and give you multiple fields to record multiple runs through the drill so you can track your progress. I can promise you will see measurable improvement towards becoming a better shooter over time. Get started by checking out the starter 3-pack on ConcealedCarry.com using this link: Live Fire Drill Cards
Picks of the Week
- Mike – The Law of Self-Defense by Andrew Branca
- Riley – Left of Bang by Patrick Van Horne and Jason A. Riley
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below. If you enjoyed the podcast the biggest compliment you could give us would be to subscribe to future episodes via a podcast app on your phone or via iTunes. You can find past podcast episodes by clicking here.