1791 Gunleather Ventures Into Kydex Holsters
Our good friends over at 1791 Gunleather, traditionally a leather gun holster maker, has recently made the announcement that they're going into the polymer market. Specifically, “Tactical Kydex.”
1791 clearly thinks they can improve upon plastic holsters, which is shown when asked why they're branching out into Kydex. CEO Ramiro M. Romani had this to say:
Because we don’t think you should carry with a holster that’s less than optimal, and we knew we could offer Kydex fans a better all-around holster. 1791 Tactical IWB holsters solve the performance limitations commonly found in traditional Kydex holsters. Retention, concealability, wear and tear on your gun, and every day comfort are addressed in our thoughtful design and meticulous manufacturing process.
While we can't clearly know all the details of how they're making Kydex holsters better, we do know that the're using a proprietary process to form each holster, not to a blue gun, but “an exact replica” of each one.
This is a big deal because there can be differences between the blue gun and the actual gun, which is something many people don't talk about. It's close enough to get away with, but not always 100% accurate.
Here is a list of some of what is being done on these holsters:
- Integrated concealment wing for deeper and more robust concealment
- Adjustable cant ranges from 0 to 15 degrees for greater comfort and concealment
- Retention adjusts for customized fit
- Multi-position, can be worn at either the appendix or strong-side IWB position
- Open muzzle design accommodates threaded barrels
- Positive, audible, crisp, and secure Kydex click retention
- RMR/optic cut accommodates most pistol optics
- Enlarged opening for safer and more convenient re-holstering
- Lightweight, slim design
- Made from durable and proven 0.080” Kydex® 100
- Sweat-shield and stainless steel hardware protect against corrosion
- 1.75” belt clip included
- Easy-on, easy-off design
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime Warranty and 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
- Available for a variety of popular handgun models including CZ, Glock, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield, and virtually all 1911s without a Picatinny rail
- MSRP: $64.99
If you want to learn more about our good friends over at 1791 Gunleather or any of their offerings, make sure you click that link.
We're leaving for SHOT Show 2019 this weekend and our coverage starts on Sunday with SIG's VIP Range day. You can find any relevant articles on this page. Also make sure you stay tuned for all we've got going on, and follow us on all the appropriate channels, here:
Subscribe to our Newsletter — We send out all pertinent information via our newsletter.
Get our App — We send out breaking news via our app.
Subscribe to our Podcast — We'll discuss new products here, and even podcast directly on the showroom floor at SHOT Show 2019. Don't miss this.
Subscribe to our YouTube — We literally want it to be like you're there with us. Just search for our past SHOT videos to see what I mean.
Follow us on Facebook — Last year we did Facebook Live, and we always publish our articles there. If you're on FB, you NEED to follow us.
Follow us on Instagram — We did some coverage on Instagram last year. If you're on Insta, you need to follow us.
Follow us on Twitter — If you're on Twitter, we publish a lot of stuff over there.
Follow us on Pinterest — We've been putting more and more stuff up on Pinterest, which is a great place for picture sharing.
Leave a Comment