The PROPER Use of Cover Matters
Research of analyzing well-trained shooters suggests a 59% increase in survival (or specifically a 59% decrease in hits on the target from the threat) when cover is properly utilized.
The Problem? The word “PROPER” in that sentence. Anyone can run to cover and hide behind it but that doesn't give you the tactical advantage that cover should or would if used properly.
One needs the skills AND the tactics to know how to move to cover and then how to use that cover to protect oneself WHILE engaging the threat. This subtle art is critical to maximizing odds of success in any gunfight.
Active Shooter events are especially critical places for the use of cover. A lot of domestic or small scale assault threats happen in close proximity and end very quickly… sometimes before one could get to and use cover. But in many events and in almost EVERY active shooter or mass shooting event the use of cover becomes a CRITICAL tool to both survival and ending the threat efficiently.
It is because we feel that the proper use of cover may be the single greatest skill one needs in these gunfights (beyond basic fundamental shooting skills) that we chose to dedicate this entire training program on the topic.
The First-Ever And Complete Training on Use Of Cover
We searched high and low and could NOT find a single course available in-person or via video dedicated to the topic of Use of Cover and/or Shooting Positions.
In most defensive handgun or carbine training, 20-30 minutes may be dedicated to showing students a handful of shooting positions and how to “slice the pie” but this education is NOT sufficient to give the shooter the knowledge of WHAT to do or the know-how of how to practice and train for it.
Fighting From Cover basically follows this general outline:
First: What are the various skills and tactics of use of cover and various shooting positions
Second: How does one practice and build those skills and make them second nature (especially given the challenges of range restrictions and potential safety risks)
Third: How does the use of cover skills and tactics get applied in a real-life gunfight
What You Will Learn
- How safety rules apply to compromised shooting positions
- A change in the paradigm of traditional cover vs concealment
- The proper method of slicing the pie when working with cover
- How to find the right balance of distance off cover given your current threat
- The dangers of being too close OR too far off your cover
- Dealing with and even taking advantage of physical limitations
- How to manage mechanical offset with handguns or rifles to get shots on your threat
- What everyday objects provide good cover in a home, in a workplace, and in public
- All the various shooting positions you can use to get shots on any target: Over a street curb, Under around or over a car, Around a pillar or wall, through a crack or hole in a surface, and much much more
- A review of important considerations that vary between a handgun and a rifle
- How to move to cover and WHEN and HOW to shoot when moving VS just moving quickly
- What it means to Pay for Space and Then Own it to increase odds of winning the fight
- The special Tony predictability drill
- Several proven way and tools to increase stress in training to simulate real-world environments
Plus A Direct Understanding and Education About the Application of Use of Cover and Shooting Positions in Real Life
- A review & analysis of 4 actual gunfights using surveillance video with John Correia
- Demonstration on how the use of cover applied in those gunfights
- Review of drills to run on a live-fire range to build skills related to those kinds of situations
- Four active shooter scenarios crafted and acted out for educational purposes
- Analysis of active shooter events and the proper application of cover
Supported and Brought To You By Some of The Best In The Game
These Companies Supported This Course