Outside of your home and workplace, your vehicle is where you spend the most time.
- Americans spend 17,600 minutes behind the wheel each year. That’s 7 full 40 hour work weeks…
- In 2015 there were 14,862 murders in America, that started in a vehicle
- In 2016 there were 115,000 murders and rapes in America, that started in a vehicle
- And gun Road Rage is UP 250% (2014 to 2016)
Welcome To Vehicle Firearm Tactics
This is an online video course that will walk you through the skills and knowledge you need to win a gunfight in or around a vehicle.
Course content includes:
- 3 primary counter-intuitive yet optimal positions to get the most cover in a vehicle fight
- Why the glass in the windows may be your most useful tool in fighting from inside the car
- How being too close to the vehicle when outside could cause you to expose yourself to your assailant.
- A psychological weakness any human might have that you can exploit, understand this secret and you can use non-bulletproof parts of the car as a weapon
- The proper technique for a “compressed ready position”
- How to aim naturally without hitting objects in the car
- What to change about your grip for greater accuracy within a vehicle
- The glass double tap technique and when to use it…
- How to handle an attacker if your window is down
- 7 common pieces of car gunfighting advice that are COMPLETELY false
- How to shoot behind you, especially if you’re driving (HINT: it’s not how it looks in the movies)
- 5 common “self-muzzling” mistakes and how to avoid them
- Seated draw: what’s different and what 1 thing MUST you do to avoid dangerous mistakes
- Stealth draw position – draw from this position and you’ll always have the element of surprise on your side
- 1 handed shooting techniques and how to practice every scenario
- What to consider if you drive often with strangers, perhaps as a professional driver, whether you drive for Uber, Lyft, or UPS
- Proper Fighting Positions for passenger attacks from behind
- What to do with your gun if you feel you need to draw yet want your gun to remain hidden
- The secret safe ready position: How, why, and when to use it…
- [IMPORTANT] The Vehicle attack decision matrix: when to evade, when to fight and which weapon to use
- How Do Different Kinds of Glass Break & What About Tinting
- Deflection and How That Impacts Shooting Through Glass and Using the Car as Cover
- The difference between FMJs vs Hollow Points when shooting through Glass and The Car
- The Proper Priorities When Considering Your Defensive Options
- Carry Position and Holster Considerations
- Draw Stroke and Presentation On Target
- How to Draw and Make Ready In The Vehicle
- Dealing With Threats From Multiple or Different Directions
- Dealing With Passengers In The Car
- Support Hand Shooting Considerations
- Bailout. How to Fight Your Way Out
- How to Bail Out and Shoot Through the V
- Car Cover, Concealment, and Angles
- Getting Shots on Target From any Position
- Tactical Considerations Shooting Into the Vehicle
- Getting Out of the Way and Putting Shots on Target
- Penetrating Through the Door and Glass
Plus Force on Force Demonstrations that will show you the reality of a gunfight and how to stack the odds in your favor.
What Does This “Top Shot” Think About the Course?
I just finished up the Vehicle Tactics course. SUPER IMPRESSED! There’s a lot of information there and you guys do a fantastic job of unpacking everything in a logical and easy to understand fashion. The information is solid and the way it is presented is very logical and coherent. I think that’s SUPER important! Some people may never get a chance to do this stuff on the range so the information that you present here is what they’ll fall back on in times of crisis. The easier it is to understand, the easier it will be for them to recall when they’re under stress. Very well done guys!!! -Gary Quesenberry
While Gary Quesenberry is best known as a two-time competitor on History Channel's Top Shot, Gary also has over 20 years of Law Enforcement and Military experience. He specialized in both foreign and domestic Counter Terrorism training. He is an Army veteran who served in Operation Desert Storm. Gary has developed basic and advanced tactical pistol concealment training courses and was a lead firearms instructor with the Department of Homeland Security. Gary is also the founder of Q-Series Holsters.
Riley Bowman is the Creator and host of The Concealed Carry Podcast. Riley is an accomplished firearms shooter and instructor. With a background in law enforcement and security, Riley enjoys sharing his knowledge and expertise when it comes to firearms safety, self-defense and concealed carry. Riley is an NRA Pistol Instructor and is also a Colorado P.O.S.T. Certified Law Enforcement Handgun and Patrol Rifle Instructor as well as a certified Glock & Sig Sauer Armorer. Riley successfully won his division of the Rocky Mountain Regional Championship of The American Marksman competition and was a finalist at the National Championship.
Jacob S. Paulsen is the President of ConcealedCarry.com and co-host of The Concealed Carry Podcast. Jacob is a NRA certified instructor, Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Instructor, USCCA Instructor, Affiliate Instructor for Next Level Training & L.A.S.R, a certified armorer for Glock and Sig Sauer, and a USCCA certified instructor. Jacob leads the instructor team of over 50 network instructors in 25 states.
You May Never Learn This From Your Range or Instructor
Despite the amount of time you spend in the car and the ultimate vulnerability of that environment, there aren't a lot of opportunities to train in and around cars. Search your local gun ranges and even all the major firearm training academies in the country and unless you have a badge you will have a VERY hard time finding any class that will teach you how to shoot in and around vehicles. The few that exist won't let you shoot through the glass.
This video course, while not as ideal as an in-person course, will arm you will the important skills and knowledge to be able to succeed in this environment. Getting plane tickets, paying for a hotel, and taking a 2 day class to learn how to shoot around a car (and still not be able to see how shooting through glass affects everything) would cost you thousands of dollars. Take advantage of this online video course to get the knowledge you need today!
How Does This Online Video Course Work?
When you finish checking out you will have access to our learning management platform. It's an easy to use section of our website where you can move lesson by lesson through the course. It is broken down into individual lesson videos that are 5-10 minutes long each. You do NOT have to complete it all in one sitting. Come and return as your schedule allows and our system will remember where you took off.
When you finish the course you will be presented with a printable, full color, course completion certificate.
Common Questions About this Course:
How Will I Get The Course Material?
After checkout, you will have access to the videos in this course via our website or free mobile phone app. Your access is permanent… so you can always come back to the site and watch all the course videos anytime you wish.
This online video course is fully closed-captioned