Guardian Essentials – Pistol
WHEN: Saturday October 7th 2017 From 8:30am to 5:30pm
WHERE: Lead Valley Range in Byers Colorado (1 Hour East of Downtown Denver)
This Guardian Essentials – Pistol course is the first in a series of defensive pistol courses. In this 1-day course, it starts out fairly basic, but it advances quickly throughout the day. Participants will need to be prepared to come ready to learn and focus as it will require focused effort at all times to successfully accomplish the course objectives. Newer shooters with solid fundamentals that work hard will have no problem getting through the course. Experienced shooters will also benefit from the methodical approach to fundamentals in the beginning but will also be really challenged later in the day.
Graduates Will Receive:
- A hand-signed certificate of course completion
- A custom Patch specific to the course that only those who have attended and completed the Guardian Essentials – Pistol course have the privilege of wearing and displaying
- A special coveted Challenge Coin that can be added to your own personal collection of Challenge Coins received for completion and distinction attained in ConcealedCarry.com and Guardian Nation courses
- A gift certificate valued at $50 that can be applied toward any product for sale on ConcealedCarry.com
Besides these awesome gifts and extras, our goal is to provide as complete and turnkey of an experience as possible, so we will also be including all of the following in this upcoming Guardian Essentials – Pistol course:
- Ammunition* ($150-200 Value)
- A catered lunch ($15 Value)
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Access to club-house
- World-class instruction from some of the most respected instructors
- Eye and Ear Protection, if necessary
*At this time we are only able to provide 9mm ammunition. If you shoot a different caliber, you will need to bring your own ammunition. Reloads are okay, but if you experience multiple malfunctions, you will be invited to sit out of the class. Also we are not liable for ammunition you provide or that we provide for any damage or injury caused to you or your gun. Factory new ammunition is strongly preferred. New ammunition may or may not be available for purchase onsite—we cannot guarantee it.
**Approximately 500-600 rounds will be fired in this single day course.
Class curriculum will cover the following:
- Fundamentals Overview
- Ready Positions
- Concepts of Aiming
- Target Presentation
- Shooting with Speed AND Accuracy
- Positional Shooting (Prone, Kneeling, Sitting, etc)
- One-handed Shooting Techniques
- Working With Cover
- Drawing From a Concealed Holster
- Performing Tactical Reloads
- Malfunctions Clearing
- Shooting and Moving
- Defense Scenario Considerations
- Multiple Targets and Target Transitions
- Decision-making Under Stress
- and Final Exercises that will test your skills and abilities learned throughout the day
Meet Your Instructors:
Jacob Paulsen & Riley Bowman
Jacob & Riley are the President and Vice President of ConcealedCarry.com. Leading an instructor network of over 40 instructors across the country for over a decade; Jacob & Riley have taught over 8,000 students combined. They are the hosts of the iTunes #1 Gun Ranked show, “The Concealed Carry Podcast,” are both Certified Firearm Instructors, Armorers, and accomplished self-defense shooters.
What Is The Value of This Course?
What is the value of knowing that beyond a few tips from your CCW Instructor, and some shooting at the range on your own; that you not only now posses the right skills in order to defend yourself and your loved ones; but you also know WHAT to practice on your own in order to cement those skills.
But All The Soft and Feely Stuff Aside… Here are the Numbers:
- Ammunition: Most classes require you pay extra for the ammo… and often you have to buy it from the range at a premium cost. During this course we will provide the ammo* for you. We'll shoot about 500 rounds per person so even if you bought the “white-box” cheap ammo at Walmart that would cost you about $150. VALUE: $150+
- Full Day Of High-Caliber Instruction From 2 Instructors: Riley and Jacob generally charge a few hundred dollars per hour to be on the range… with just one of them. The last time they got together to teach a full day course together it was valued at $4790. This time there will be 10 students so essentially that is a value of $479 per person. VALUE: $479
- $50 Gift Certificate on ConcealedCarry.com: Each student will receive a $50 gift certificate good for any purchase on ConcealedCarry.com. It will help you find your next holster, weapon-mounted light, ammunition, training materials, targets, or whatever you need to be a more prepared Guardian. VALUE: $50
- The Extras: Students will be fed a BBQ lunch, have access to snacks & drinks all day, & receive a course completion certificate. Students will also receive a course exclusive patch. Instructors will provide all the targets, target stands, range accommodations, etc. VALUE: $50
Total Course Value: $729
(Don't Worry That Isn't What We Are Charging)
On May 19th For 10 Students Only The Price is $350
Guardian Nation Members Will Save an Additional 10% ($35)
There are a few small catches…. reasons why we are doing this for only $350 this time.
First; we will have our camera crew there that day recording a lot of the instruction. Videos will be used in future marketing efforts and may be shared on our website and online. Don't worry you name won't be shared but your face could be on camera. If that makes you uncomfortable this class isn't for you this time… wait until the next time we offer it but it is a big part of the reason the class is so heavily discounted.
Second; this is the first time Riley and Jacob are teaching this curriculum together. It is very exciting and the content is proven… they both have extensive experience teaching these concepts but since it is the first time formally offering this together they decided to offer a strong discount.
Ready to Enroll in The Class?
Not Just Yet… Please Read Some Important Information About What Students Will Need to Bring to The Class…
Students will have to meet these prerequisites and bring the following:
Have previously attended a basic handgun safety course, CCW course, NRA Basic Pistol course or a similar, or can demonstrate a substantial familiarity with firearms (this is not a course to learn how to shoot—you should already be familiar with your firearm, holster, sights, loading your firearm, etc.)
Watch several preparatory videos in advance of the course date (videos provided after signing up for the course and total less than 30 minutes of total material)
Be physically capable of walking, running, kneeling, standing, sitting, etc. If you have physical limitations, we will do our best to accommodate you. Please let us know ahead of time if you require special accommodations.
A handgun that is appropriate for CCW and defensive shooting
* Micro compact guns are not preferred—Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard and similar.
* Double-stack mid-sized or full-sized semi-autos are preferred—Glock 19 or similar—but not absolutely necessary.
* We want you to use what you will actually carry or defend your home with. But with smaller guns, they will be more difficult to shoot quickly and accurately, and you will be required to reload more often.
A minimum of 3 magazines for double-stack guns, and a minimum of 5 magazines for single-stack guns.
An appropriate holster—a concealment holster is preferred, but not necessary. OWB holsters are acceptable as well. The following holsters are not allowed: ankle, thigh, bra, crossdraw.
Appropriate clothing for the shooting and weather conditions : Pants, No low-collared or V-neck shirts, Hat with forward-facing brim, Good shoes or boots, Knee pads if you want or have knee problems as there will be some kneeling and shooting, Coat/Jacket depending on weather, Shooting gloves if desired.
Don't worry, this class is designed for someone who already took a basic CCW Class and is ready for the next step. You don't need to be an expert shooter… and in fact if you have prior tactical shooting training this really isn't for you. You will be standing next to other gun owners who are ready to learn and excited to take the next step forward on the Armed Citizen Journey to being a Guardian!