- There are 3.7 Million Home Burglaries Annually. (1 in 34 homes)
- 1 Million of those each year are Robberies (Homeowner is present)
- Of Robberies, 26% (266,560) each year become violent crimes against one or more home occupants
- 40% of Robberies involve firearms and 7.8% include knives or other cutting devices
Yes, You Should Lock Your Doors and Windows BUT 58% of Home Invasions used some type of forcible entry. Do you have a plan to respond if an armed intruder forces their way into your home?
Welcome To Complete Home Defense
This is an online video course that will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and tactics to prepare for and win a fight inside your own home.
Disc 1: Preparing Your Fortress:
- How neighbor relationships can be helpful and important in your strategy
- The proper way to maintain landscaping to minimize risks
- Exterior lighting and surveillance video options and strategies
- Securing Entry Points
- Tools to prevent door ambushes and forcible entry
- Safe Rooms & Their Attributes
- Where and How to Hide and Stage Firearms For Quick Access
How to Pick out and Where to Place Firearms Safes to Maximize Access and Minimize Risk
- How to choose between Carbines, Handguns, Shotguns, and PCCs
- The best tools, accessories, and methods for staging each of those firearms
- Analyzing different rifle, shotgun, and handgun ammunition for home use
Lights and Lasers
How to Use Fatal Funnels To Your Advantage and How to Not Get Stuck In Them
Means of Egress and the Importance of Not Cornering the Animal
Considerations for Wild Animals and Household Pets
How to Find and Prepare Lanes of Fire
Over Penetration – A Real World Test of Different Firearms and Ammunition in Penetrating Through Drywall and Home Walls
How to Tactically Prepare Exterior Structures Like Detached Garages, Tool-sheds, Barns, and Your Vehicles
The 5 Fundamentals of Home Defense & Home to Apply These to Your Defense Plan
How to Properly Answer The Door and Deal With Necessary Strangers Like Repair People
Why and How to Carry A Gun In the Home Including a Look at Off Body Carry
What Tools to Stage in Each Safe Room
How to Barricade Family in A Safe Room
Means of Escaping and Leveraging the Safe Room Chokepoint
- How to Clear Rooms and Move Through The House to Get to Loved Ones
- One Easy to Remember Strategy to Dealing With Home Intruders That You Can Use to Build and Practice The Best Response Plan
- A Look at Common Objects and Furniture in The Home That Will And Won't Stop Bullets
- A Clear Roadmap and Template For Building Your Own Response Plans
- How To Run Dry Fire Practice Sessions
- How to Apply Dry Fire Practice in The Home Environment
How to Properly Prepare and Teach Teenagers Who Are Left Home Alone
Best Practices for Babysitters and Other Responsible Adults In Your Home
How To Approach An Empty Home You are Renting or Showing As a Realtor
How to Choose Between Handheld & Weapon-Mounted Lights
The Different Techniques For Using A Handheld Light
How To Use A Light Including Movement Through The Home In the Dark
Retaining Your Firearm When Moving Through Transitional Spaces
How to Win A Fight Over Your Gun
Team Tactics And Working With Other Trained Respondents
- A Review of Law That is Universally Applicable in All 50 States About When You Can Use Deadly Force
- Medical Trauma Care of Loved Ones
- How to Place the 911 Call and What Information to Provide to Dispatch
BONUS: In this course, you will see 7 unique re-enactments of different home attack situations, based on real stories, that will provide contextual lessons you can't learn any other way. These include what happens when you get ambushed at the door, reacting to the bump in the night, moving through and using fatal funnels, using team tactics with a spouse or friend, properly identifying targets, and much more.
Riley Bowman is the Creator and host of The Concealed Carry Podcast. Riley is an accomplished firearms shooter and instructor. With a background in law enforcement and security, Riley enjoys sharing his knowledge and expertise when it comes to firearms safety, self-defense and concealed carry. Riley is an NRA Pistol Instructor and is also a Colorado P.O.S.T. Certified Law Enforcement Handgun and Patrol Rifle Instructor, USCCA Training Councilor, as well as a certified Glock & Sig Sauer Armorer. Riley successfully won his division of the Rocky Mountain Regional Championship of The American Marksman competition and was a finalist at the National Championship.
Jacob S. Paulsen is the President of ConcealedCarry.com and co-host of The Concealed Carry Podcast. Jacob is a NRA certified instructor, Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Instructor, USCCA Instructor & Training Councilor, Affiliate Instructor for Next Level Training & L.A.S.R, and a certified armorer for Glock and Sig Sauer. Jacob leads the instructor team of over 50 network instructors in 25 states.
You May Never Learn This From Your Range or Instructor
Even though your home is recognized industry-wide as the place where you are most likely to use your firearm in self-defense; it remains an environment that presents challenges that are difficult to train and prepare for. Local gun ranges and destination firearm training academies rarely have any home defense related courses since the environment is hard to build and train in with live fire ammunition.
Even if you do find a course there is the expense of paying for you, your spouse, and other adults in your family to attend, and the challenge in remembering all the content well enough to come home and put it into action in your own home. While this course can never replace live in-person training; it does allow you to take your time, rewind and review material, and view it with every adult member of your household at no extra cost!
Common Questions About this Course:
How Will I Get The Course Material?
After checkout, within 2 business days you will be shipped the DVD boxset.
This DVD video course is fully closed-captioned