The Concealed Carry Podcast

CCWPodcastLogoQuick Links:

The Concealed Carry Podcast is a top ranked podcast syndicated via popular podcast channels including Google Play and iTunes. The Podcast is focused on concealed carry topics for American Gun Owners who believe in firearm related self-defense.

The podcast is hosted by Riley Bowman, a member of the executive team of USA Firearm Training. Riley is often joined by Jacob Paulsen (USA Firearm Training President) and other instructors in the USA Firearm Training network.

The podcast is based out of the mile high city of Denver Colorado and is published twice a week. The podcast features include:

• Justified: News stories about gun owners who have used a firearm in legal self-defense
  • Political News: Current events that affect gun-related policy and law
  • Training Tip: A weekly segment focused on a specific technique for maximizing firearm self-defense training
  • Main Topic: A weekly segment in which a major issue or topic specific to concealed carry or firearm training is discussed

Riley T Bowman - Host of The Concealed Carry Podcast

Riley T Bowman – Host of The Concealed Carry Podcast

About USA Firearm Training: USA Firearm Training (USAFT) is a national network of firearm instructors. USAFT works with instructors nationwide in bringing top quality in person training to American gun owners. USAFT also produces online firearm training programs and sells a variety of firearm related accessories and products via it’s website and affiliates.

Concealed Carry Podcast - Guns | Training | Defense | CCW

Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below

, , , , ,

18 Responses to The Concealed Carry Podcast

1. Evan Watkins August 29, 2016 at 5:35 pm #

Great podcast, I’ve listened since June and really appreciate the insight you share or get others to contribute. Sure you pushed the Gun Law course a LOT, but I bought it and think the content is valuable too. I really appreciate the time you put into this and like a few other listeners suggest…would listen if you did more too. In fact, we recently moved from CA to TX (woohoo gun free state) and I listened and re-listened to most of your shows during that long drive.

Your interview with the cop in the first few episodes was well done and very insightful…taught me several things. Can’t wait to hear more.

Recommendations for future podcasts…cover some gun laws of different states. IE in TX you can have a travel gun (who knew), but in CA all guns in the car (excluding carried CCW) must be locked and separated from ammo. I think it would be great and interesting to learn more about different states…also helps out those that travel between states (ie CA & NV).

• Dennis Malone February 12, 2017 at 2:26 pm #

Good work ,
      I’ve been a ccw’r for about 8 years. I really like the podcast you guys are my number one to listen too.

I do have one question have you heard of or used the see all open sight , or the advantage tactical sights? I’m considering the see all for a H.D.R. (Home Defense Rifle ) and advantage fire fly sights for my Springfield XD s/c, and my Sig P320 compact. Maybe a show on alternate sights?

Again love listening to the show I’m always looking forward for new episode’s, like another reviewer stated it’s like getting advice from a couple of buddies definitely 5 stars in my book

• Jacob Paulsen February 14, 2017 at 8:11 am #

Dennis, I’m not familiar with either of those sights but our instructor Matthew is actually currently testing both and will be publishing reviews on them shortly. It would be a good idea for a podcast episode to talk about for sure!

• Matthew Maruster February 14, 2017 at 4:46 pm #

Hi Dennis,
        Yes Jacob is correct. Funny you asked about both sight systems because I have been interested in these two sights for pistol sights and just recently started into the review process. I know you mentioned the see all you were considering putting it on a home defense rifle. I am just reviewing it for handgun, but I will definitely see if I can extrapolate anything I discover about the sight, and mention how it would apply for rifle application. A podcast on sights would be awesome, great idea. Stay tuned because I am going to work hard to get your questions answered in detail.

Stay safe

2. Stanley Orlowski December 8, 2016 at 11:37 am #

Gentlemen,

Just listened to episode 75. You highlighted 2 companies that prefer not having guns, open guns etc. In their stores.

I am a CCW holder in South Florida and frequent several local gun ranges and multiple gun shows – different companies. All of which have signs that inform me that they do not want loaded guns on premises, except on range, and gun shows, they put a plastic wire tie though the gun. To follow these requests, I need to sit in my car in the parking lot, drop the magazine and empty the chamber or at gun shows, leave the gun in the car.

How is this different than Levis and Starbucks who prefer not have loaded guns on their premises.?

As a CCW holder, I do not like gun free zones, especially businesses that “sell” the second amendment … in the name of safety?

• Jacob Paulsen December 8, 2016 at 12:00 pm #

Stanley, good questions! I don’t think its very different. Any private business (gun store, grocery store, or movie theater) should either allow private citizens to come in armed or they should provide armed security for patrons. I do understand why a gun store for example may not want loaded guns in the store. They might feel the risk is higher of someone confusing the loaded for the unloaded guns etc but if they want to have a policy then they should provide security for the shoppers… and many do.

• Elvis Acosta December 14, 2016 at 6:02 pm #

Hi Stanely:

1) It’s simply, liability. Most average, Joe Citizen CCW holders do not carry liability insurance. And so, hosting vendors are leary of uninsured customers walking around with loaded guns.

2) Its simply, liability. Law enforcement officers, whether on, or off duty, are “insured” by their hiring agency unless the officer does something reckless during a use of force (deadly) confrontation. Their agency will determine, based on facts, whether or not the officer was within agency policy at the time of the deadly confrontation. If he/she was, then they’re good to go. If not, then the agency will more likely than not, not represent them in a criminal or civil proceeding.

3) It’s simply, liability. Both parties, in your scenario, will be held liable if you, the CCW holder, pull your gun and engage a bad guy in their venue. So, to minimize the possibilities, they do not allow you to carry your loaded gun on their venue.

4) Vendors, in Florida, have the right to limit who can or cannot patronize their business. Yes, they can even prohibit law enforcement officers unless they are conducting official police police business. Now, is that a smart thing to do, no?!

5) A vendor does not know if the person carrying a gun on their venue is a good guy or a bad guy…unless of course, they ask to see their CCW license, which they have the right to do. Now think what will happen if it’s a bad guy is asked for his “license?” He’s already inside the venue, or at least, in it’s threshold.

6) Safety, in the example given, is not the issue since the CCW holder should not be drawing his gun from its holster unless at a range in the gun store. And if that’s the case, the CCW holder is theoretically in a safe environment. Same holds true when a patron rents multiple guns at the range.

7) Do your research BEFORE you go to the venue to see if you’re allowed to carry your gun in the venue. That way, you avoid having to “clear” your gun in the vehicle, which is an accident waiting to happen as it allows for the potentiality of an accidental discharge.

These are but a few examples; there are many more, I simply tried to address the comments made in this post with them.

3. M Goddard December 10, 2016 at 5:04 am #

Any chances there are transcripts of the podcasts? I am very interested in them but I am deaf.

• Jacob Paulsen December 10, 2016 at 9:00 am #

I’m embarrassed to admit that hadn’t crossed our mind. We will see if this is something we may be able to do.

4. Greg December 16, 2016 at 7:53 pm #

Excellent pod cast. I’ve only been listening for a few months. Now that all states (I am in the last state to adopt conceal carry) in our country has some form of conceal carry, your content is so completely valid and an important resource. Thanks for professional manner and usable content.

• Jacob Paulsen December 17, 2016 at 3:59 pm #

Greg thank you so much for the kind words! Carry on!

5. Rob B. December 22, 2016 at 8:20 pm #

I’ve gone back and listened to all the PodCast and find them informative as well as timely on the topic they cover. The approach Jacob and Riley take really is similar to sitting down with a knowledgeable friend and getting well thought out advice.

Waiting for the next PodCast each time it comes out.

6. Justin W. January 5, 2017 at 7:14 pm #

Hi guys. I stumbled across your podcast a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed gaining new perspectives on our lifestyle. I’ve been an NC CCWer (CHP here) for about 10 years now and love learning every day. I decided to start at the beginning at episode 1 and I am almost caught up as today I listened to episode 70 on MMM. My question may have been covered in episodes that I haven’t gotten to yet, but here it is.

Let’s say you are in a public place, and a BG with some type of weapon starts attacking people right near you. You decide that you have the opportunity to eliminate the threat and save yourself and others around you so you draw and fire. The BG hits the ground and you scan your surroundings and everything seems to be clear. Now not everyone in the area has seen the whole situation and for some bystanders you might appear to be the original threat. What would be a very clear and non threatening way to establish to the bystanders that you are not the BG? Again, they didn’t see or are aware of the whole situation. My concern would be either a potential mob of people attacking you, (thinking they would be a hero) or another CCWer in the crowd thinking that they need to “take out the guy with the gun”

Thoughts?

• Jacob Paulsen January 5, 2017 at 8:05 pm #

Justin, thanks for listening. Not an easy question for sure. Here are my quick thoughts…

Take control. Giving load and clear commands may help you dramatically. Shout to people around you to call 911. Tell people to hide and take cover. Shout out something like “Threat Down” to communicate the situation.

I’m not aware of any history or research to suggest that in active shooter situations the sheep do anything but run and hide. If there is another sheepdog in the area I would only add that you stop being a threat (in their eyes) when you stop shooting.

This is a good thing to ponder more on… maybe a future episode?? 🙂

7. Mark Ketten January 16, 2017 at 10:20 pm #

Found your podacst on Tune In Radio. I find your content to be very informative. Love the fast paced paced but very knowledgeable way you present the information.

Currently working my way through all of your archived past shows.

Thank you for your hard work.
    Stay safe.

• Riley Bowman January 17, 2017 at 2:35 am #

Mark,

Thank you SO MUCH for listening and for your support!! I’m glad you enjoy the content!

We are really looking forward to what 2017 has in store and have big plans with all things Concealed Carry Podcast and here with the new ConcealedCarry.com.

Take care, be safe, and do let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Stay in touch!

–Riley

8. Kramer January 17, 2017 at 10:44 pm #

On your training episode, to supplement supply demand issue for instructors, what about federal funds helping to encourage instructors to spend more time training?

• Jacob Paulsen January 23, 2017 at 8:41 am #

Kramer, I’m generally opposed to federal spending but this isn’t altogether a bad idea!