Top Menu

North Dakota Concealed Carry Permits

Home Forums Discussion by State North Dakota North Dakota Concealed Carry Permits

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jacob Paulsen 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #83002

    Jacob Paulsen

    May Issue VS Shall Issue: Shall issue to Residents and Non-Residents

    Issuing Authority: North Dakota Office of Attorney General

    Required Training: You are required to pass a written test given to you by a concealed weapon permit test administrator.

    How to Apply: You can apply at your local law enforcement agency.

    Non-Residents: Non-Residents can apply through the North Dakota Office of Attorney General.

    Renewal: You must renew your permit every 5 years.

    Processing Time: Up to 30 days

    Cost: You must pay up to $25 for a written test before you can get your permit. You then pay the North Dakota Office of Attorney General a $25 fee when you send in your application.

    Change of Address: You are required to notify the BCI in writing within 30 days of a permanent address change.

    Required to Notify Law Enforcement: No

    Places Off Limits When Carrying:

    Federal restrictions include all Federal Building, National monuments, National memorials, secure areas.

    State Restrictions include:

    Any person who enters or remains in that part of the establishment that is set aside for the retail sale in an establishment engaged in the retail sale of alcoholic beverages or used as a gaming site while in the possession of a firearm or dangerous weapon is guilty of a class A misdemeanor. A person who possesses a firearm at a public gathering is guilty of a class B misdemeanor. For the purpose of this section, “public gathering” includes athletic or sporting events, schools or school functions, churches or church functions, political rallies or functions, musical concerts, and individuals in publicly owned parks where hunting is not allowed by proclamation and publicly owned or operated buildings.

    Private Property Prohibitions: “No Firearm” signs in North Dakota have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged. Even if the property is not posted and you are asked to leave you must leave. Always be aware of the possibility that responding Police Officers who may have been called without your knowledge and may not know the laws on trespass etc. could arrest you even if you are within the law.

    State Website: North Dakota

    Current Reciprocity Map:

    North Dakota CCW Map


Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.