Top Menu

Gun oil ban?

Home Forums Guardian Nation Gun oil ban?

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jacob Paulsen 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jerry
    Participant

Did you guys see the email sent this morning saying that the ATF is banning gun oil? It looks like a marketing scheme to me, similar to the “Fight Fast” company. “I'll send you this for FREE just pay the shipping and handling”. Does anyone have any info on this? Why would the ATF have any jurisdiction on oil? I can't help but think how ironic it is that the ATF is banning ATF! (think “automotive fluids”…Haha) Anyway….I'm just curious if there's any truth to this.

Jacob Paulsen
    Participant

Jerry, I wouldn't read that far into it. Marketing sales copy for sure. We obviously sell sponsored email campaigns like this to help us pay the bills. We try to be discerning but sometimes we don't look close enough and something like this gets through.

Short answer… the oil is a decent product… the shipping is a little high; and I have no reason to believe anything is going to be banned at all. Its a “reach” for sure.

Sorry to hit your inbox with this.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jacob Paulsen.

Josh
    Participant

Thanks Jacob for responding honestly about the advertisement. I, too, want you guys to be making money, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't kinda make me roll much eyes and shake my head when I received the email. Not the actual content of the email (most of us are pretty good at discerning what's garbage in our inboxes by now), but that it came from you guys. I'm not the type to freak out about you guys just wanting to make some money by running an email ad for a “sponsor”, but for what it's worth, if that kind of stuff is a regular thing going on for months and months then I'm out. You guys have a special position at this stage where I actually DO care about who is sponsoring the show or paying to feature a product. So many companies lose their ability to have their customers care about the advertisers, but currently I do appreciate and show interest in who you guys affiliate with in your marketing. Hope that's a useful honest perspective for you to consider. Thanks for guardian nation and the whole program you guys run, I enjoy it a lot and recommend the podcast to anyone who shows similar interests.

Jacob Paulsen
    Participant

That is super helpful Josh. We had a team meeting about an hour ago about how important our company's brand is. We want to position our brand in such a way that when you see an advertisement in any form associated with our brand you can trust it. So we'll be making changes accordingly.

Jerry
    Participant

Well, now that Josh has expressed his concern WAAAAYYY better that I could I will admit that I was suprised when I saw the email. I tried to format my post more as an question so I didn't come across as if I was complaining. Like Josh said, we have really come to respect the opinions of this company and it's ability to make money. Jacob and Riley and the entire organization have earned a lot of respect in the gun community and I personally have learned a lot from the podcasts and the GN broadcasts. Thank you for that. True to form Jacob, you were right on this concern and responded immediately. I appreciate the responsiveness of the company and look forward to whatever the next big adventure is. (And the Guardian Nation Box)

Jacob Paulsen
    Participant

Thanks guys. It has been a long day trying to make the right policy changes. I'm going to be cleaning out some of our banner ads as well… some of those don't make the cut anymore.

Be super pumped about the box 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.