- February 19, 2016 at 12:43 pm #21850
The Last Date This Page Was Updated: 07/05/16
May Issue VS Shall Issue: Shall Issue
Issuing Authority: Your county probate court
Required Training: No training required
How to Apply: Apply at your county office. Some counties now have online applications. Bring ID, Proof of residency, and anything else required by the county
Non-Residents: Non-residents are not eligible for the Georgia permit
Renewal: Permit is valid for five years. You can renew as early as 90 days before the permit expires as up to 30 days after it expires.
Cost: $75 to $89 depending on the county
Change of Address:
Required to Notify Law Enforcement: No
Places Off Limits When Carrying:
Federal restrictions include all Federal Building, National monuments, National memorials, secure areas.
State restrictions include:
- In a courthouse
- In a jail or prison
- In a place of worship, unless the governing authority of the place of worship permits the carrying of weapons by license holders
- In a state mental health facility
- The premise of a nuclear power facility
- Within 150 feet of a polling place
- A school safety zone (building or other real property) or at a school function or on a bus or other transportation furnished by a school
Private Property Prohibitions: Private property owners may exclude or eject a person who is in possession of a weapon on their private property. Signs do not have the force of law but if you refuse to leave you are breaking the law and can be charged.
State Website: Georgia
Current Reciprocity Map:March 18, 2016 at 5:12 pm #25899
Virginia is a fairly eady state to aquire a non resident permit. All you need is a current permit from your home state, and the fee, which for me was too hefty. I believe it was $130.00 last time I checked, but that could be wrong.March 23, 2016 at 11:38 pm #27333
The fee for the Virginia permit is $100 every 5 years.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.