Top Menu

Front Sight training experiences?

Home Forums Guardian Nation Front Sight training experiences?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Josh 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Josh
    Participant

I'm considering going to Nevada to do some handgun training next April with Front Sight. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this company, and if I can get advice about whether to sign up for a 2-day class, or is it worth paying twice as much for the 4-day? Any other general thoughts before I sign up?

Jacob Paulsen
    Participant

Josh, I admit to having never been there. I have a Diamond membership and intend to take a lot of their courses but haven't done so yet.

I did train with Steve Beckstead in SLC for a few years and he was an instructor down there for a time and if their other instructors are anything like Steve I would be very impressed.

From the various people I've spoken to; I would highly recommend taking their 4-day pistol course. That will be the first class I take down there and most people feel it is the essential Front Sight course.

John
    Participant

I have a diamond membership and had been to Front Sight 4 times. Found the training excellent. The instructors were incredibly helpful and considering the diversity of levels of experience of their students they're able to do an incredible job. They tout that when you're done with their four-day defensive handgun class that everyone will be able to draw from a concealed holster and place 2 shots center of mass in one and a half seconds. The classes that I were in had individuals varying from police SWAT from LA to people who had never picked up a gun before. Everyone achieved the goal they touted, and everyone left saying they learned something. I try to go at least once a year and since I live on the East Coast it's not an inexpensive ordeal. If you go, read the various online blogs regarding what to bring and when to go as it's in the middle of the desert and weather can be tricky. If you already have a membership sign up to the Front Sight First Family forums. Lot of good information there about where to stay, what to expect, what to bring etc.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me

John
    Participant

Diamond memberships can be had on eBay for as little as $40. They used to cost thousands but because of the various promotions that have been offered by Front Sight over the years the market has become flooded and the price been driven down. If you feel uncomfortable about ordering off of eBay, I can give you the contact information of an individual who works for Front Sight doing their videography and web work and he gets paid partly in memberships to resell. He resells them for $99 and I've sent probably close to 40 People his way. You can actually call Front Sight and they will verify his legitimacy. PM me for his contact information since I don't know whether the moderators would object to me posting it here.

Josh
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. Talked a little more with a buddy who has been there a few times. He bought a membership (not sure if there are several different levels?) that let's him bring people along. He's offered that to me so I'm excited to take him up on it. He told me I can take either the 2 or the 4 day course complimentary. Now I just need to make sure my wife won't mind me taking those extra days to do the 4 day course. 🙂

Josh
    Participant

Hey everyone. Made it to Front Sight! Had an awesome time. Time restraints only allowed me to take the 2 day defensive handgun course. It was very good. It was the first time I've had any formal training, so I don't have anything to compare against. I can say with no uncertainty that I will be going back as soon as I'm able to! I really enjoyed it. I felt like I did very well. I wish I could've done the 4 day course because then I would've had the chance to shoot the “qualifier” and actually measured my performance. Overall though I was impressed, had a very good time, and thought the experience was something very beneficial. Can't wait for more.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.