- February 19, 2016 at 11:18 am #21825
The Last Date This Page Was Updated: 07/05/16
May Issue VS Shall Issue: Shall Issue
Issuing Authority: Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Required Training: Applicant must complete an approved class. The live fire of a gun is required.
How to Apply: Submit your application with proof of training to one of the eight regional offices located throughout Florida. You can apply in person or via the mail.
Non-Residents: Non-residents may apply by mail
Renewal: Permit is valid for 7 years. You will receive a renewal form with instructions approximately 150 days before your license expires. If expired you have up to 30 days to renew your permit before you have to start the process over from scratch
Processing Time: Up to 90 days
Change of Address:
Required to Notify Law Enforcement: No
Places Off Limits When Carrying:
Federal restrictions include all Federal Building, National monuments, National memorials, secure areas.
State restrictions include:
- any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
- any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
- any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
- any courtroom
- any polling place
- any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
- any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
- any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
- any school administration building
- any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
- any elementary or secondary school facility
- any area technical center
- any college or university facility
- inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport
- any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law
Private Property Prohibitions:
State Website: Florida
Current Reciprocity Map:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.